Sunday 30 March 2014

Homemade Sugar scrub

I honestly did mean to keep this blog active, but then life happened and it sort of get left to the side. For now I am setting myself the goal of updating it at least twice a month with some money saving tips or DIY projects like the one I am sharing today.

Like most people I do enjoy a bit of luxury once in a while, and with this really easy recipe you can have plenty of luxury without the luxury price tag.

This is what you will need to make your sugar scrub:


  • Brown sugar and unrefined caster sugar
  • almond oil
  • ground oatmeal
  • evening primrose oil (optional)
  • aromatherapy oil of your choice (optional)





This is so simple to make, you need 5 parts sugar to one part oatmeal, mix it in well then add 3 teaspoons of oils and 10-15 drops of scented oil, I have used orange oil in this scrub but you could use other oils like lavender for calming and relaxation or rosemary which is good for calming the skin. Once everything is mixed up well you just grab a handful and rub it over your body to leave your skin soft, smooth and moisturised. 














I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment